You may add a note to a discussion forum as a reply to an existing note – this is treated below – and as a note on its own, that is not referring to any other note.
• Select File New Note inside a discussion forum or
• select New Note in the action menu of a discussion forum to bring up the ‘Add Note’ form.
• Choose the type most appropriate for the contents of the note that you are about to create (for the diverse types see above).
• Enter the gist of your note in the ‘Subject’ field.
• Enter optional tags for your note.
• Enter the text of your note into the window of the HTML editor below ‘Message’. If you click on [Cancel and edit source], you lose all your input so far and can enter the message as text message instead of in HTML.
As its author, you may modify a note even after replies have been made:
• Select Change Properties to bring up the ‘Edit Note’ form that lets you change type, subject, tags and message of the note.